HAMA Interference Kit for Assay Validation
Catalog #: K2010009
A ready-to-use kit to test Human Anti-Mouse Antibodies (HAMA) interference in immunoassays. The kit includes five serum-based HAMA-positive serum samples (PS1 to PS5) with HAMA concentrations of up to 100 ng/mL (as established by a HAMA ELISA assay) as well as a serum-based HAMA-negative sample (NS) that serve as a control (no HAMA). The kit also includes a protocol to test HAMA Interference in a typical immunoassay. HAMA Interference Kit is specially formulated to suppress dilution and matrix issues during testing.
HAMA Interference Kit
|Product Data Sheet||Download Data Sheet|
|Lot number:||Lot dependent|
|Expiration date:||Lot dependent|
|Package Size:||1 kit, 6 samples (NS and PS1-PS5)|
|Other names:||Human Anti-mouse Antibodies Interference Kit|
|Keywords||Hama interference Testing, Hama Interference Immunoassays, Hama antibody interference, Hama bridging inference|
|Concentration:||-20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw.|
For decades, immunoassays have relied heavily on mouse antibodies for the detection of various analytes. The accuracy of these assays can, however, suffer dramatically when patient samples contains human anti-mouse antibodies. Indeed, HAMA are often associated with inaccurate results and false positives because they can bind to both capture and detection antibodies and can generate non-specific immunoassay signals. This so-called HAMA problem is especially noticeable in patients receiving mouse antibodies therapies. Assessing the tolerance of an immunoassay to HAMA is a corner stone in assay validation.
All Interference Products Brochure
- Reinsberg J. (1996). Different efficacy of various blocking reagents to eliminate interferences by human antimouse antibodies with a two-site immunoassay. Clin Biochem. 1996 Apr;29(2):145-8.
- Bolstad N, Warren DJ, Nustad K. Heterophilic antibody interference in immunometric assays. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Oct;27(5):647-61.
- Lippi G, Aloe R, Meschi T, Borghi L, Cervellin G. Interference from heterophilic antibodies in troponin testing. Case report and systematic review of the literature. Clin Chim Acta. 2013 Nov 15;426:79-84.
- Kawasaki H, Suzuki T, Ito K, Takahara T, Goto-Inoue N, Setou M, Sakata K, Ishida N. Minos-insertion mutant of the Drosophila GBA gene homologue showed abnormal phenotypes of climbing ability, sleep and life span with accumulation of hydroxy-glucocerebroside. Gene. 2017 May 30;614:49-55.
- Hull B. Aberrantly elevated TSH level due to human anti-mouse antibodies (HAMA) interference with thyrotropin assay. J S C Med Assoc. 2012 Feb;108(1):12-3.
- Degn SE, Andersen SH, Jensen L, Thiel S, Jensenius JC. Assay interference caused by antibodies reacting with rat kappa light-chain in human sera. J Immunol Methods. 2011 Sep 30;372(1-2):204-8.
Products Related to HAMA Interference Kit
1- Order online using our website’s automated shopping cart and checkout system (available 24/7).
2- Order by email: email@example.com (we accept electronic PO, available 24/7).
3- Order by Fax: 1-858-437-9884 (available 24/7).
4- Order by phone: 1-858-900-3210 (6 am – 8 pm PST).
5- Order by Text/SMS: 1-858-900-3210 (6 am – 8 pm PST).