High HAMA Serum/Plasma (Single Donor)
Catalog #: S2010006
Unique donor serum or plasma samples with high levels (600 ng/mL to 10,000 ng/mL) of Human Anti-Mouse Antibodies (HAMA). HAMA titer has been established with an FDA-approved ELISA method. These samples can be used to test HAMA interference in immunoassays.
High HAMA Serum
|Sample COA||Download PDF|
|Lot number:||Batch Dependent|
|Expiration date:||Batch Dependent|
|Matrix:||Filtered human serum or plasma|
|Storage:||At -20°C or lower. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. Aliquot as needed.|
|Keywords||HAMA sample, Human Anti-Mouse Antibodies serum, High HAMA plasma|
For decades, immunoassays have relied heavily on mouse antibodies for the detection of various analytes. The accuracy of these assays can, however, suffer dramatically when patient samples contains human anti-mouse antibodies. Indeed, HAMA are often associated with inaccurate results and false positives because they can bind to both capture and detection antibodies and can generate non-specific immunoassay signals. This so-called HAMA problem is especially noticeable in patients receiving mouse antibodies therapies. Assessing the tolerance of an immunoassay to HAMA is a corner stone in assay validation.
All Interference Products Brochure
- Reinsberg J. (1996). Different efficacy of various blocking reagents to eliminate interferences by human antimouse antibodies with a two-site immunoassay. Clin Biochem. 1996 Apr;29(2):145-8.
- Bolstad N, Warren DJ, Nustad K. Heterophilic antibody interference in immunometric assays. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Oct;27(5):647-61.
- Lippi G, Aloe R, Meschi T, Borghi L, Cervellin G. Interference from heterophilic antibodies in troponin testing. Case report and systematic review of the literature. Clin Chim Acta. 2013 Nov 15;426:79-84.
- Kawasaki H, Suzuki T, Ito K, Takahara T, Goto-Inoue N, Setou M, Sakata K, Ishida N. Minos-insertion mutant of the Drosophila GBA gene homologue showed abnormal phenotypes of climbing ability, sleep and life span with accumulation of hydroxy-glucocerebroside. Gene. 2017 May 30;614:49-55.
- Hull B. Aberrantly elevated TSH level due to human anti-mouse antibodies (HAMA) interference with thyrotropin assay. J S C Med Assoc. 2012 Feb;108(1):12-3.
- Degn SE, Andersen SH, Jensen L, Thiel S, Jensenius JC. Assay interference caused by antibodies reacting with rat kappa light-chain in human sera. J Immunol Methods. 2011 Sep 30;372(1-2):204-8.
Products Related to HAMA High Serum
1- Order online using our website’s automated shopping cart and checkout system (available 24/7).
2- Order by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we accept electronic PO, available 24/7).
3- Order by Fax: 1-858-437-9884 (available 24/7).
4- Order by phone: 1-858-900-3210 (6 am – 8 pm PST).
5- Order by Text/SMS: 1-858-900-3210 (6 am – 8 pm PST).