AFP Antibody Monoclonal (Mouse)
Catalog #: A2010013-7E9, A2010013-3F6, A2010013-Pair
Alpha-Fetoprotein (AFP) is a protein essentially produced during the fetal stages of human development. As such, it is abundant in fetal serum and scarce in adult serum. Because of its ability to binds metals such as copper and nickel as well as metabolites such as fatty acids and bilirubin, AFP is believed to be a fetal version of the serum albumins found in adults. Levels of AFP in the serum of pregnant women can be correlated to the health of the fetus. The provided monoclonal antibody (7E9) specifically recognizes human AFP and can be used in immunoassays and immuno-detection. A second clone (3F6) is available and can be paired with with clone 7E9. Bulk pricing and biotinylation services are available.
Live Enquiry about this product via Text/SMS: 1-858-900-3210 (8 am – 8 pm PST)
AFP Antibody Monoclonal
- Carlsson, R. (1981). Alpha-Fetoprotein: aspects on function and synthesis. Lund.
- Spear, B. (2001). Alpha (α)-Fetoprotein. Encyclopedia of Genetics, 42.
- Kaplan, D. E. (2011). Alpha-Fetoprotein Diagnostics. Encyclopedia of Cancer, 146–147.
- Kithier, K. (2011). Alpha-Fetoprotein. Encyclopedia of Cancer, 143–146.
- Yeaney, N. K. (2004). Alpha-Fetoprotein Screening. Encyclopedia of Women’s Health, 85–87.
- Post-treatment alpha-fetoprotein response predicts prognosis of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: A meta-analysis.
Medicine (Baltimore). 2019 Aug;98(31):e16557.
- Alpha-fetoprotein in pericardial, peritoneal, and pleural fluids: A body fluid matrix evaluation.
Clin Biochem. 2018 Jun;56:109-112.
- The alpha-fetoprotein third domain receptor binding fragment: in search of scavenger and associated receptor targets.
J Drug Target. 2015;23(6):538-51.
- A novel ECL sensor based on a boronate affinity molecular imprinting technique and functionalized SiO(2)@CQDs/AuNPs/MPBA nanocomposites for sensitive determination of alpha-fetoprotein.
Biosens Bioelectron. 2019 Feb 1;126:558-564.
- The use of a monoclonal antibody against alpha-fetoprotein for the radioimmunodetection of hepatocellular carcinoma.
Hepatology. 1989 Jan;9(1):116-20.
- Gold nanoparticle labeling with tyramide signal amplification for highly sensitive detection of alpha fetoprotein in human serum by ICP-MS.
Talanta. 2018 Jan 1;176:40-46.
- Alpha-fetoprotein in the woodchuck model of hepadnavirus infection and disease: immunochemical analysis of woodchuck alpha-fetoprotein and measurement in serum by quantitative monoclonal radioimmunoassay.
Hepatology. 1990 May;11(5):824-33.