Beta-galactosidase Enzyme Donor
Catalog #: P2010004 (1 mg)
Beta-galactosidase Enzyme Donor (also known as Alpha Peptide fragment) can complement the Beta-galactosidase Enzyme Acceptor (also known as Omega domain) to reconstitute an active Beta-galactosidase enzyme. This phenomenon, known as alpha complementation, can be exploited to develop assays by conjugating the Beta-galactosidase Alpha Peptide fragment to various analytes. The sequence of the enzyme donor has been specifically engineered to include a unique central cysteine that can be used for analyte conjugation.
Live Enquiry about this product via Text/SMS: 1-858-900-3210 (8 am – 8 pm PST)
Beta-galactosidase Enzyme Donor (alpha peptide)
|Product Data Sheet|
|Other Names||Beta-galactosidase Alpha Peptide|
|Supplied as||White lyophilized powder.|
|Molecular Weight||11 kDa (99 amino acids)|
|Purity||>95% (SDS PAGE)|
|Storage||-20°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.|
|Suggested buffer||Beta-galactosidase Enzyme-Donor Stabilization Buffer (B2010001)|
|Keywords||Beta-galactosidase Alpha Peptide, Enzyme Donor, alpha complementation, LacZ.|
|Related products||Beta-galactosidase Enzyme Acceptor (Omega Domain), Beta-galactosidase Enzyme-Donor Stabilization Buffer, Beta-galactosidase Alpha Complementation Kit.|
- Kras, E. (2019). Beta-galactosidase: properties, structure and functions. New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Arndt, T. (2017). Cloned Enzyme-Donor Immunoassay. Lexikon Der Medizinischen Laboratoriumsdiagnostik, 1–2.
- Jeon, S. I., Yang, X., and Andrade, J. D. (2004). Modeling of homogeneous cloned enzyme-donor immunoassay. Analytical Biochemistry, 333(1), 136–147.
- Tachi, T., Kaji, N., Tokeshi, M., and Baba, Y. (2009). Microchip-based Homogeneous Immunoassay Using a Cloned Enzyme-Donor. Analytical Sciences, 25(2), 149–151.
- Khanna, P. L., and Worthy, T. E. (1993). CEDIA: A Recombinant-Based Homogeneous Enzyme Immunoassay.
1- Matthews BW. The structure of E. coli beta-galactosidase. C R Biol. 2005 Jun;328(6):549-56.
2- Zeilstra-Ryalls JH, Somerville RL. Protein-protein interaction in the alpha-complementation system of beta-galactosidase. Curr Top Cell Regul. 1992;33:81-104.