Silk Fibroin (Bombyx mori silkworm)
Catalog #: P2010008 – 50 mg
Silk fibroin is an insoluble protein produced by Bombyx mori silkworm. It is the major component of the silkworm cocoon. Due to its unique structural properties, low immunogenicity and stability at low pH, Silk fibroin has several applications in both textile industry and biochemical research. Thaw slowly at 2-8 °C then swirl content to mix. Do not vortex.
Live Enquiry about this product via Text/SMS: 1-858-900-3210 (8 am – 8 pm PST)
- Advancing the frontiers of silk fibroin protein-based materials for futuristic electronics and clinical wound-healing (Invited review). Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2018 May 1;86:151-172.
- Rhodamine binds to silkfibroin and inhibits its self-aggregation.Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2018 May-Jun;1866(5-6):661-667.
- Dissolution behavior of silkfibroin in a low concentration CaCl(2)-methanol solvent: From morphology to nanostructure.Int J Biol Macromol. 2018 Jul 1;113:458-463.
- SilkFibroin Films Facilitate Single-Step Targeted Expression of Optogenetic Proteins.Cell Rep. 2018 Mar 20;22(12):3351-3361.
- Silkfibroin/chitosan thin film promotes osteogenic and adipogenic differentiation of rat bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells.J Biomater Appl. 2018 Apr;32(9):1164-1173.
- Silkfibroin preserves beta cell function under inflammatory stress while stimulating islet cell surface GLUT2 expression.Cell Immunol. 2018 Jul;329:10-16.
- Modulation of aggregation of silkfibroin by synergistic effect of the complex of curcumin and β-cyclodextrin.Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2019 Apr;1867(4):416-425.
- Sericin Promotes Fibroin Silk I Stabilization Across a Phase-Separation.Biomacromolecules. 2017 Aug 14;18(8):2343-2349.
1- Order online using our website’s automated shopping cart and checkout system (available 24/7).
2- Order by email: email@example.com (we accept electronic PO, available 24/7).
3- Order by Fax: 1-858-437-9884 (available 24/7).
4- Order by phone: 1-858-900-3210 (6 am – 8 pm PST).
5- Order by Text/SMS: 1-858-900-3210 (6 am – 8 pm PST).